You are here : Comodo HackerGuardian > Products > HackerGuardian Free PCI Scan
HackerGuardian Free PCI Scan
HackerGuardian Free PCI Scan is available to merchants and service providers for 90 days*. Registering for the service enables you to run up to five Vulnerability Assessment Scans on maximum of three externally facing IP addresses that touch the credit card acceptance, transmission and storage process.
Why do I need HackerGuardian Free PCI Scan?
- For compliancy - Any company that accepts, processes, or stores credit card information needs to comply with the requirements set by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council. Merchants passing a free PCI scan will receive the official certification they need to submit to their acquiring bank.
- To avoid penalties - Failure to comply with the Payment Card Industry security standards may result in heavy fines, restrictions or permanent expulsion from card acceptance programs.
- Comodo is a PCI Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) - Vulnerability assessment scans must be performed quarterly by a PCI Approved Scanning Vendor.
Why HackerGuardian for your PCI scan compliance?
- ASV Program compliant - All HackerGuardian PCI products enable you to run an exhaustive scan on your IP address(es) to identify vulnerabilities with a CVSS base score greater than 4.0 that would result in your company failing the PCI regulations.
- In depth reporting - You will receive a comprehensive vulnerability report detailing any security issues identified by the scan with remediation advice cross-referenced to thousands of online advisories to help you fix the problem.
- Backed by Comodo, a PCI Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) - Vulnerability assessment scans must be performed by a PCI Approved Scanning Vendor.
*Note: To be compliant with requirement 11.2 of the PCI Data Security Standard, merchants and service providers must conduct and pass a QUARTERLY vulnerability test (meaning one scan every 90 days or 4 scans per year). This free service, valid for a 90 day period, will provide the PCI scan compliance certification necessary to demonstrate first quarter compliance only. Merchants and service providers wishing to gain certification for a full 12 month period should consider HackerGuardian PCI Scan Compliancy or PCI Scan Compliancy Enterprise.